22nd August 2023
Watch our Community Update video here!
- Epic - Cloud Saves - Changing the cloud saves to 'On' or 'Off' no longer causes issues when launching the game
- Bodies with keys no longer disappear after reloading a save
- Total ammo held is no longer reduced when changing an attachment in the workbench
- Health now fully regenerates upon switching from any other difficulty to Civilian difficulty
- Tiger Tank - Tank gunner animation no longer glitches in kill cam when sniped whilst closing the hatch
- Advanced Difficulty Options - HUD settings for "Greatly Reduced" and "Authentic" no longer appear reversed in the settings menu
- Air Auxiliary - Black texture is no longer observed on the hand while aiming through any weapon during gameplay
- American Airborne Skin - Player character's hand no longer clips with the sleeve while holding the Trench Gun shotgun
- The Atlantic Wall - Kill List - Beckendorf's body no longer disappears
- The Atlantic Wall - Kill List - Kill List target sat in a car waiting for a driver now moves around the map
- The Atlantic Wall - Players will no longer fall through map next to wall
- Occupied Residence - Guards no longer get stuck in wall
- Spy Academy - Grand staircase - Animation for using the invasion phone no longer appears to be misaligned with the player character's hand while interacting near the door to the workbench armoury room
- War Factory - Player no longer gets stuck in falling animation when running onto broken pipeline
- War Factory - Alarms - Speaker status no longer fails to turn silent after interacting with "All clear" option in the alarm system during gameplay
- War Factory - Rolling & Shaping + Main furnace - Unnecessary vault prompt is no longer observed on the metal railing present on the metal bridge located in the area
- War Factory - Out of world exploit no longer possible via zipline by small vat
- War Factory - Main Furnace - Player character no longer gets stuck in the gap between the wooden crates after moving in crouch position below the stairs beside the stone stock
- Festung Guernsey - Kill List - Mirus Construction - Collision is no longer missing from the wooden platform close to the wooden box present near the kill list target
- Festung Guernsey - Kill List - Mirus Construction - Collision is no longer missing from the ground close to the shed house present near the kill list target
- Festung Guernsey - End screen points now calculates correctly
- Festung Guernsey - Mirus Battery - Out of world is no longer visible as a result of the camera clipping through the wall near the wooden boxes present on the path at the western entrance in the battery area
- Liberation - Vista field - Player character no longer gets stuck in falling animation loop after jumping on the pistol workbench
- Secret Weapons - Castle - Improper collision is no longer observed between the wooden slope and ruined pillar
- Secret Weapons - Black-Site Dome - Satchel charge no longer fails to explode on shooting after planting the Satchel on the safe present in the area
- Wolf Mountain - Tunnel Checkpoint - Gaps in Terrain no longer present
- Wolf Mountain - Players will no longer get stuck on trail behind Berghof
- Wolf Mountain - After the convoy is alerted, it now moves on correctly.
- Wolf Mountain - Bodies no longer glitch through floor in room near kitchen
- Wolf Mountain - Walking on Drexler's body no longer causes instantaneous death
- Conqueror - When knocking Konig unconscious, dropping his body on uneven terrain, saving and reloading no longer causes his body to disappear, meaning the objective can be completed
- Landing Force - The mission map no longer has overly bright textures
- Kraken Awakes - Minor grammatical errors in Kraken Awakes store description no longer present
- Kraken Awakes - Vogel no longer becomes unconscious unexpectedly
- Kraken Awakes - Graf Zepplin - Karl's dialogue which ends the level no longer plays if Vogel isn't killed
- The correct unlock criteria now appears for the 'Classic Tommy Foregrip' in the attachment unlock banner during gameplay
- Attachment - The correct kill count now correctly meets and triggers the unlock criteria for all rifles after a double kill during gameplay
- Trident Beachhead - Player character no longer gets stuck in the barrel on right side after dropping and grabbing the ladder on the LST 241 ship located in the area
- Trident Beachhead - Player can no longer still fire from behind boat ramp
- Urban Ruins - Exploit - Can no longer shoot through wall
- Axis Invasion - 'Allow Axis Invasion' option no longer automatically resets to 'Off' on exiting the axis invaded map twice
- Gewehr 1943 - Gew98 Overpressure Magazine - Playable character's hand no longer clips through the magazine upon reloading the rifle
- Gewehr 1943 - Kurz Conversion - Playable character's hand no longer clips through the magazine upon reloading the rifle
- Gewehr 1943 - MG13 Trench Magazine - Playable character's hand no longer clips through the magazine upon reloading the rifle
- Gewehr 1943 - Reduced-Load Magazine - Playable character's hand no longer clips through the magazine upon reloading the rifle
- M.1903 - There is now a bullet(s) in the playable character's hand when reloading the M.1903 rifle
- SREM-1 - When reloading the rifle the player can no longer see the ammo clip clipping through the gun
- SREM-1/Gewehr 1943/Karabiner-98/Lee no 4 - Player character's hand no longer gets misaligned while holding the rifle with any 'Foregrip' attachment in an upward direction
- SREM-1 - Player character's thumb no longer clips with the 'SREM-1' rifle while taking cover facing rightwards during gameplay
- SREM-1 - Player character's hand no longer gets misaligned with the rifle with 'Foregrip' attachment customization on aiming downwards during gameplay
- SREM-1 - The appropriate texture is now observed on all the player characters' faces on moving right while holding the 'SREM-1' rifle in cover of the wall during gameplay
- Pistole 08 - Snail Magazine - Snail magazine is now the correct way round
- Lee Enfield - Rifle no longer loses 5 rounds after switching weapons
- Erma.36/Carl Gustav - Reload animation is no longer observed longer for SMGs while in the incapacitated state during gameplay
- Erma.36 - British Dazzle/Patriot Camo - Cosmetic of British Dazzle and Patriot Camo now covers the Extended Suppressed Barrel attachment like other Cosmetic skins
- Mod.712 - Breach is closed and now bolt is in as expected
- Mod 712 - Hand IK and attachment marker issues no longer present when stock is attached and unattached
- PPSH - 'Standard Issue' magazine no longer clips with the player character's hand while taking cover on the extreme left of the wall during gameplay
- M1 Carbine - Magazine now the correct way round during reload animation
- D.L. Carbine - Extended Stack Magazine - Playable character's hand no longer clips through the magazine upon reloading the rifle
- Welrod Pistol - 'Extended Magazine' no longer clips with the player character's hand while reloading during gameplay
- Stengun MK2 - Player character's thumb no longer clips with the front portion of 'Lightweight X2' stock while taking aim during gameplay
- M1911 - Player character's hand no longer clips with the 'XL Extended Magazine' while holding the gun with both hands during gameplay
- 'XL Extended Stack' magazine is no longer observed clipping with the player character's hand while reloading during gameplay
- PzB Anti Tank - The correct reload animation is now observed for 'PzB Anti Tank' rifle during gameplay
- Stengun MK2 Lightweight X2 stock now shows specific skins on its attachment
- Welgun SMG Standard stock & Featherweight Frame now shows specific skins on their attachment
- When using Workbench with Increased Magazine capacity, Loaded ammo will no longer decrease
- Secondary weapons no longer clip with player character's body when shooting using rifle while in crouch cover position during gameplay
- Player character's hand is no longer observed clipping with the 'PzB Anti Tank' rifle when searching an enemy's body and holding the rifle
- ITA/FRE/POR(BRA)/RUS - Campaign - Truncated texts are no longer observed on the kill feed after killing a tagged sniper from long distance when the 'Menu Text Size' is set to Large
- FRE/JPN/GER/POR/RUS/SPA/ITA - Multiplayer - Column labels are no longer observed misaligned in the table of the score board with score metric as 'Total Distance' in Team Match and No Cross modes
- ITA/RUS - Options - Controls - Binoculars description text no longer overlaps with the Traversal/Cover description text for the Classic (Left-Handed) on wireless controller layout menu
- ITA/GER - Frontend - 'Unavailable' text is now aligned correctly from the box present on all of the DLCs
- GER - 'Walk in the Woods' and 'Fight Another Day' is now subtitled as a Rough Landing achievement
- GER - Spelling mistake now corrected in German Level 50 title: Phantom
- Rough Landing - Typo corrected - 'Recently Used Smoking Pipe'
- Kraken Awakes - Localised title for 'Successful Raid' classified document now appears correctly under the collectables section
6th July 2023
Before we dive into the patch notes associated with this drop, we’d like to address the rising discourse surrounding cheaters in Sniper Elite 5. First and foremost, Rebellion has a zero tolerance approach to cheating.
To address some if the frequently asked questions from our varying forums:
- Can anti-cheat software be turned off? It is not possible to disable our anti-cheat service for online play.
- How are you combatting the use of new cheating software or technology that allows players an unfair advantage in-game? Rebellion will continue to actively investigate any and all devices or software that impacts gameplay unfairly and will take action against players verified as breaching our Code of Conduct.
- How do I report a cheater in game? We’re sorry to hear you have encountered a cheater. To report them, follow these steps: Select the player you wish to support in the Lobby Menu, Select 'Report', Complete the report form and Select ‘Submit Report’. Click here for full instructions.
- I also have evidence that someone I was playing with was cheating, how do I submit it? Fantastic. Evidence helps us further verify and take action against proven violations. To send it to us, report them in game (by following the above steps) then head to our Contact Form and provide us with your evidence (10 MB max or via link) and any additional context. If you can, please include your own username and platform as well as the offender’s username and platform (if possible) along with a time stamp of when the violation occurred. For best practice, please head to our article: I want to report someone for cheating, harassment or other Code of Conduct violation.
As always, thank you for those who have already been supporting our mission in maintaining safe, fair and fun online spaces for everyone.
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Watch our Community Update video here!
- Kraken Awakes Mission, Weapon & Skin Pack
- FREE Deathmatch Map Abandoned Quarry
- Weapons - Active Reload Indicator is now positioned correctly
- Pistols - The correct reload animation is now observed for all pistols while in an incapacitate state during gameplay
- Epic - The correct textures are now present in specific locations in all DLC levels
- Scope on the PZB39 anti-tank rifle appears correctly
- Female character - M.Pist.44 - Prone player character's hand is now aligned correctly while aiming 'M.Pist.44' SMG and moving the camera view in an up and down direction
- The appropriate holding animation of 'Carl Gustav m/1945' is now observed while walking in crouch position through ADS view during gameplay
- Player character is no longer observed to be holding the binoculars in their hands improperly in prone position
- 'P.K Berlin' scope equipped with the 'Gewehr 1943' rifle is no longer observed to be clipping with the player character while aiming
- Shooting Range - The correct magazine size of all weapons is now observed after changing the weapons repeatedly from the workbench
- TERA - Reload wheel no longer appears twice on successfully reloading the rifle after emptying the clip
- PS4 - Research Base - Intro video is now present after loading into mission
- Axis Invasion - Players will no longer crash when attempting to join a game after leaving and re-joining lobby several times
- Axis Invader - All DLC character skins are no longer tagged as 'Unknown' when invader views them through their binoculars during gameplay
- PS4 - Survival - Amongst the Rubble - Operation 3 Wave C - The appropriate frame rate is now observed when the player is moving around the church area facing the opera building
- Parachute regiment Karl and Airborne Karl emblems are now the same resolution as Jeff Sullivan's
- The Atlantic Wall - Outro debriefing video no longer plays upon starting/finishing the Mission
- Occupied Residence - Rifle no longer clips with the hand of the NPCs in the 'Occupied Residence' map
- Secret Weapons - Outro debriefing video now plays when completing the Mission
- Rubble and Ruin - Intro and Outro debriefing video now plays upon starting/finishing the Mission
- Rubble and Ruin - Access to the Upper Platform visible at the end of the mission has now been granted
- Loose Ends - Intro and Outro debriefing video now plays upon starting/finishing the Mission
- Kill Hitler - Black texture shades are no longer observed on the carpet present on the way towards Hitler's office located in the area
- Landing Force - The appropriate texture now appears on the gate arch present near the stairs located in the area
- Landing Force - Road to Bunker - Unnecessary objects are no longer present beside the plant behind the bunker located in the area
- Rough Landing - Mission Select screen now includes description text for this mission
- An instance where an Xbox One Host Crashed, producing a crash dump when exiting binoculars has now been resolved
- Players no longer observe a 12011 timeout error when loading into the game after multiple platforms joined the same host's Quick Match lobby
- Dropped weapons by dead player have the correct ammo amount when picked up
- Tide of War - Tank can no longer be destroyed partially off the map
- Landing Zone - Host and clients successfully proceed into gameplay after starting the cross-play multiplayer match
- Landing Zone - Tank Hill - Multiple stretched textures are no longer observed on the rocks present in the south of the are
- The Dam - Garages - Texture collision is no longer observed on the ground around bush and fuel tank
- The Dam - Admin - Invisible collision no longer blocks player from entering room while prone
- 'Saboteur' DLC pack in the store now has the correct title
- 'Up Close and Personal' DLC pack in the store now has the correct title
- Airborne Elite - Name of the 'Parachute Regiment' skin shows correctly
- GER - Character Customisation - Headgear - 'German high ranking officer cap' text is no longer observed overlapping with 'Headgear' text on character customisation screen
- GER - Character Customisation - Headgear - 'German infantry helmet (Black)' text is no longer observed overlapping with 'Headgear' text on character customisation screen
- GER/ITA/POR(BRA) - Character Customisation - Headgear - 'German Kriegsmarine officer cap' text is no longer observed overlapping with 'Headgear' text on character customisation screen
- GER/JPN/RUS - Text on Ribbon for medal unlock aligns correctly
- POL - Special characters are now aligned with their sentences
- POL - All special characters appear correctly
- POL - Occupied Residence - Achievement title for destroying Moller's car is now correctly listed as 'It'll Buff Right Out'
- POL/RUS - Multiple titles are no longer observed overlapping on the player profile name present inside the player card overlay
- RUS - Drilling - Localised sight attachment name is no longer observed overflowing from the designated area present on the customisation screen
- SPA - Axis Invasion - 'Ghillie suit sniper' text no longer overflows from the template after changing the 'Menu Text Size'
31st May 2023 - Hotfix
We’ve just rolled out a number of bug fixes across all platforms to address the incorrect scope placement on the TERA rifle and the widely reported 12011 connectivity error impacting players in multiplayer.
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
- The reload wheel for the TERA rifle is no longer observed appearing twice for players on successfully reloading the rifle after emptying the clip
- The ZF41 CQB, T-97 & T-99 scopes are now the correct way round on the TERA rifle
- Dedicated Servers - Players will no longer be kicked out of 16-player multiplayers games with error 12011
- Crossplay - Players will no longer get the timeout error 12011 when trying to join each others lobbies via invite code and browse menu
- Players will no longer get the error 12011 message when attempting to join a lobby using a PS4 through browse (and vice versa)
- Microsoft Platforms - A number of issues have been resolved regarding player attempts to host/join any co-op game, axis invasion, or multiplayer quick match
23rd May 2023
Alongside our usual extended patch notes listed below, we'd like to make mention of the increased number of reports we've received for the 12011 connectivity error, specifically impacting connection for some of our Xbox users and those playing with them from other platforms.
We'd like to reassure our Community that we're aware of this issue and are actively investigating a fix as a priority. We hope to roll this out in the very near future, so stay tuned for further updates in the coming days.
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Watch our Community Update video here!
- Saboteur Weapon & Skin Pack
- FREE No-Cross Map Rhine Crossing
- Female character – Secret Weapons - Left hand of player character no longer jitters while taking aim with 'Trench Gun' in shoulder view during gameplay.
- Female Character – The correct rechambering animation is now observed with the 'D.L. Carbine' rifle when walking in ADS view.
- Female Character - Delay in grab animation is no longer observed for 'Win & Co 1885' rifle when taking aim in ADS view while walking.
- Female Character - Animation blend error is no longer observed when players crawl for some time, then take aim quickly with the scoped sniper when transitioning from crouch to prone position.
- Female Character – The proper rifle holding finger animation is observed for 'M.1903' and 'M1A Carbine' rifles after getting in crouch position while taking aim in shoulder view during gameplay.
- All female characters' left hand is no longer observed misaligned with several secondary weapons while in incapacitated state during gameplay.
- All SMGs and rifle are no longer observed flickering on attempting to aim while moving in prone position during gameplay.
- Landing Force - The mission map has the correct bright textures.
- Rough Landing – Players can now access the stairs to the house.
- Rough Landing - Officers will now no longer appear as floating heads.
- Conqueror – Players will no longer fall out of world if they mantle onto mounted MG platform from the left side (Western MG nest).
- Atlantic Wall - Environment level of detail no longer pops in and out as a result of camera movement. This occurs near the stack of boxes present inside the corridor leading to the generator in the Naval Battery
- Trip mines are now aligned with the player character's hand while planting throughout gameplay.
- Callout subtitles for the quick chat wheel no longer overlap with the 'Give up' and 'Bleeding out' pop-ups during gameplay.
- Sub Pen - Player character is no longer observed falling into inaccessible area after rolling multiple times beneath the metal stairs located in the Pen 9 & 10 area.
- Survival – Player no longer encounters invisible collision while sprinting up staircase leading to Command Post A supply boxes.
- Survival - Amongst The Rubble - Environmental level of detail no longer pops in and out while rotating the camera against the wall located near the park.
- Survival - Amongst the Rubble - The last 18 AI spawn correctly on Wave 11 when playing Survival with 4 players.
- (ITA/RUS/FRE) - Achievement unlock text no longer overlaps the notification area when unlocking workbenches.
24th April 2023 - Hotfix
We are confident that the black screen issue that has affected some members of our Steam community has now been resolved with the latest title update. Please make sure your game is up to date with version 2.11.
If you have previously been using the Early Access branch, please revert back to the main game branch as soon as possible to ensure you are able to continue to enjoy multiplayer. The Early Access branch will be closed down in due course. For more information on how to switch back to the original build see our guide here: How do I leave the Early Access beta and update the game?
Once again thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding.
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
- Fixed issues regarding some users experiencing difficulties launching the game on PC
- Rough Landing - restored officers bodies so they no longer appear as floating heads.
11th April 2023
Snipers, thank you for your ongoing feedback regarding Rebellion’s Dedicated Servers and for your responses to last month’s Discord vote (https://discord.gg/Rebellion). We’ve just rolled out our latest updates to these spaces which prioritise server visibility and Community-favoured game settings.
Changes are as follows:
- Locked Game Modes
- First and foremost, our server spaces are now locked to individual game mode settings which will include Team Match, No-Cross and one additional server with rotating game modes. Maps will then rotate based on the server game modes
- Scope Glint & Last Known Location
- Many of you requested the removal of both scope glint and the ‘last known location’ feature so these will be removed in the 2 x Team Match and 2 x No Cross servers in our US and UK regions.
- Server Name Update
- We’re aware that for some of you, these spaces weren’t as visible as they could be so we’ve now adapted the server names to ensure it’s clear that these are Rebellion-hosted spaces. They will all include ‘[OFFICIAL]’, followed by the previously used server names (e.g. Kraken), then the acronym for the game mode that applies. ‘TDM’ refers to Team Match, ‘NC’ refers to No-Cross and ‘ALL’ refers to a rotating selection of game modes.
Looking to the future, we’re still exploring ways we might build on these spaces further but for now, the priority is providing a secure, uninterrupted Multiplayer experience that our Community can rely on as an alternative to peer-to-peer hosting.
Keep the feedback coming and watch this space for more in the coming months.
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Watch our Community Update video here!
- Death From Above Weapon & Skin Pack
- FREE No-Cross Map The Dam
- Player character hand is no longer deformed after taking aim in shoulder view with the Sjogren Inertia shotgun.
- The crawling animation now works as expected when aiming with a Panzerfaust and moving in prone position.
- Schu mines now explode upon shooting at them while the timer is running.
- Wrecker Ribbon – The correct description text for Wrecker ribbon now displays.
- Demolitionist Ribbon - Ribbon is now tracking properly with Grenade and Pressure Mine combined.
- War Factory - Translated text for 'Found Shipping warehouse safe combination' now appears aligned after killing the logistic officer in the warehouse.
- Secret Weapons - Body crate is now empty on mission start.
- Wolf Mountain - Hitler and his car now appear as expected.
- Wolf Mountain - Depot - Player is now able to vault over low walls next to the road before the tunnel.
- Rough Landing - Player is not longer able to get stuck under boxes while prone.
- Rough Landing - Player is no longer able to go behind the collision barrier.
- Rough Landing - Railyard – Camera no longer shakes and player no longer stands on invisible collision.
- Rough Landing - Railyard - Transparent texture seam no longer present in wall.
- Following Community feedback, the Mosin-Nagant's muzzle velocity has been increased from 800 m/s to 860 m/s, the damage increased from 130 HP to 140 HP and the spread accuracy increased from 48cm to 52 cm.
- The M40 attachment is now included as an attachment for the Mosin-Nagant.
- Trench Gun - Shell Loops Attachment can now be unlocked as expected. Players who have already met the unlock requirements will only need to get one more kill to trigger the unlock.
- Trench Warfare - Carl Gustav M45 - Audio now present when reloading the Carl Gustav M45.
- Trench Warfare - Trench Gun - Bayonet attachment now works properly when equipped.
- Trench Warfare - The appropriate holding animation of Carl Gustav m/1945 is now observed while walking in ADS view during gameplay.
- (POR, SPA) - Text box no longer overflows outside border when using a keyboard and mouse setup
- (GER, FRE, RUS, JAP) - Summary of difficulty settings no longer overlaps UI elements within the pause menu.
- (POL) - Text for the Health Regeneration option in Advanced Difficulty settings no longer overlap left and right arrows when Menu text is set to 'Large'.
- (FRE) - Visit Store - 'Airborne elite weapon and skin pack' text is now properly aligned and visible on the Visit store screen banner after changing the 'Menu Text Size' 2 of 4.
- (FRE , RUS) - Loadout and Customisations - Gun Stats - displayed Projectiles Per Minute statistic no longer overlaps the UI box.
7th March 2023
As those eagle-eyed snipers among you will have already noticed, we’ve also just soft launched Beta versions of dedicated servers to Sniper Elite 5. With that in mind, we wanted to share exactly how this brand new server system will function in contrast to the dedicated servers you’re used to using in Sniper Elite 4.
We’ve now introduced Rebellion-hosted servers which will roll out in limited US and EU regions in Beta initially, with a view to fully launch in the coming months. In an effort to overcome some technical barriers new to Sniper Elite 5 and to create a smoother online Multiplayer experience, we’ve completely overhauled the previous server system.
These servers will still successfully support crossplay but will also maintain a trusted, reliable environment with sufficient bandwidth and regular map and game mode rotations. This will combat some of the challenges of peer-to-peer hosting like hosts quitting early or laggy game connection and will eventually support more Community control for online play. Access to the dedicated servers is available via the Custom Games screen only, where you’ll find a new column to help players clearly identify which servers are ours. The server names are listed below:
- Blue Viper
Whilst these servers will not allow you to adjust map selection, change server names or ban other players, we hear your requests for more community control in a server environment and are actively exploring ways we could support this in future releases. Given the Beta status of this initial release, we encourage all Community feedback as we continue to build on this system for Sniper Elite 5 and future titles.Stay tuned for more updates via our usual community/social spaces!
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Watch our Community Update video here!
- Added Rough Landing Mission and Weapon Pack
- Added FREE Trench Warfare Weapon Pack
Point of interest markers no longer remain on the map despite discovering the area/obtaining the item marked.
Loadout and Customisation - Localisation - Missing translation for Leather Pad attachment now present (FRE, SPA, ITA, SCH, KOR, TCH, GER).
The Sun now appears correctly in daylight levels across the base Campaign + Survival, AMP and Shooting Range.
The appropriate D.L. Carbine reload animations are now observed while moving in normal and crouch position during gameplay.
War Factory - Player is no longer able to get stuck outside of the boiler building.
War Factory - Ehrlich conversation in Storage Yard area no longer contains a punctuation error when the "Phantom" is mentioned.
Liberation - Framerate drop around the Southern Town area no longer observed.
Festung Guernsey - Destroy the Kraken Prototype - The objective 'Destroy the kraken prototype' no longer remains active after destroying the facility.
Festung Guernsey - Destroy the kraken Prototype - 'Overload The Pressure valve' method correctly disables after completing the objective with 'Setup a Chain reaction' method.
Festung Guernsey - Player no longer hangs underground and falls out of the map while walking on the rubble present near the shed located near Mirus Construction.
Conqueror - Workbench now appears on map.
Conqueror - Clipping through ground no longer occurs after grenade use.
Landing Zone - Improper collision is no longer observed around the stone boundary wall.
Landing Zone - Player no longer gets stuck in the house in front of the church.
Error code (11202) no longer triggers and returns players to front-end after being in multiplayer for extended periods.
Custom lobby rulesets "Head Hunter" and "No Melee" no longer read as "Do Not Translate" (GER/FRE/ITA/SPA/JAP/SCH/TCH).
Pest control - Player no longer able to get stuck in-between supply crate and wall.
Tides of war - The command post marker no longer appears to shift incorrectly in the lobby screen of the 'Tide of War' map.
Tide of War - Map is no longer partially greyed out in the area around the resistance safehouse.
Bandages - Player can now switch to bandages while in the incapacitated state.
Player is no longer removed from gameplay with the message "The host has left the game 12002".
14th February 2023
Calling all snipers and star-crossed lovers!
We know that war is your usual Modus Operandi, but here at HQ we're ready to embrace the season of 'lurrrrve'. In honour of Valentine's Day, we've just dropped the FREE Cherry Hunter Weapon Skin, exclusively for the M1911 Colt.
This one goes out to the snipers among you who are oh-so dedicated in your pursuit for those all-important 'Cherry' shots...you know who you are!
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
For more intel on the new skin, Dedicated Servers and Patch Sizes, watch our latest Community Update video here!
- FREE Cherry Hunter Weapons Skin
24th January 2023
Alongside the below update, we are continuing to investigate a fix that will address the size of future patches. We hear your requests for this, and appreciate the desire for a more manageable update size based on storage and download times.
Thanks for bearing with us on this one, and stay tuned for more updates in the near future!
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Watch our Community Update video here!
- FREE Winter Weapons Skin Pack
- FREE No-Cross Map Landing Zone
- Stationary trucks are no longer being pulled away from their fixed locations unexpectedly in Mission 1, 3 and 10.
- Occupied Residence - Player will no longer glitch or get stuck walking up the stairs from the garden towards the chateau.
- Festung Guernsey - User will no longer die if they get close to the debris of the blown up Sub Pen.
- DLC Weapons - Drilling - Dropping ammo now shows the correct prompts for SMG player and vice versa.
- Conqueror – Player is no longer able to clip through the wall in the Castle Courtyard area or walk over the climbable edge.
- Conqueror - Castle Courtyard - Player character no longer gets stuck behind the hedgehog in the Castle Courtyard area while sprinting through the wall present near the burning barrel and AA gun.
- Conqueror - Castle - AI will no longer get stuck inside the metal cylinder located in at the north side of Castle Courtyard 2.
- Conqueror - Players can no longer walk-through the dilapidated walls located outside.
- Multiplayer - Alpine Resort – Players can no longer get stuck walking on the spot behind the pile of logs.
- Multiplayer – Players no longer get error message "Could not establish a connection to online services. (11400)" when attempting to access any multiplayer feature.
- Survival - 'Shoot for the Moon' medal now tracks progression correctly after completing the 12 waves of the 'Amongst the Rubble' DLC map.
- Survival - Amongst the Rubble - Armoured car no longer gets stuck in a wall at the end of Wave 6 of Operation 1.
- Survival - Pest Control - Stables - Player is no longer able to run up collision to get stuck out of bounds.
5th December 2022 - Hotfix
- Fixed 'No Entry Point Found' start-up error
29th November 2022
- Added FREE Airborne Elite Pack Including
- Lee No.4 Weapon Pack (Rifle + Attachments)
- Parachute Regiment Character Skin (Karl variant)
- Union Jack Weapon Skin for Welrod
- Conqueror Mission, Weapon and Skin Pack Including:
- Conqueror Mission Pack
- Drilling Shotgun Weapon Pack
- Oak Leaf Paint Weapon Skins
- Added FREE Tide of War Survival Map
- Player model no longer freezes when going from 'Sprint' to 'Drop Body' while carrying AI ragdoll.
- The issue stopping some players from being able to change weapons after picking up multiple dead bodies has now been resolved.
Multiplayer - lobby no longer fails to load clients into the game and will no longer return players to the lobby unexpectedly.
Multiplayer - Kraken's Lair/Sub Pen - Player is now not able to get out of bounds by going prone at tip of submarine.
- When joining games between Xbox Platforms and PS5, players no longer receive 'The connection to the game timed out (12011)' error.
Axis Invasion – Game no longer fails to take input when the rematch request from axis sniper gets timed out on the result screen.
Survival - Amongst the Rubble - Body Drop Animation is no longer skipped when triggered while in motion.
- PS4 - Placeholder white boxes are now not seen on the mission select screens if the title is launched after just the initial chunk is installed.
Atlantic Wall - Town/Docks - Animation for takedown no longer looks out of sync when on the ledge of Hermann Kraus balcony and dropping below.
Atlantic Wall - Small window on exterior bunker door no longer allows players to see out of world.
Spy Academy - Main Church - It is now not possible for a player to drop through the floor and into the room with the Kill Target when hanging next to the stairs in the attic.
War Factory - Start & Entry Route - Player character no longer gets stuck in a hanging position after jumping from the wooden platform and grabbing the wooden beam located in that area.
Wolf Mountain - Missing bolt cutters are now available.
- Unlocalised description of 'Shooting Range' is no longer present on the Main menu.
Localization - SPA, GER, Kor, ITA, TCH - Missing translation has now been added when picking up pistol ammo.
Localisation - KOR, SPA, GER, JAP, POR - Missing translation has now been added for shotgun shells shown in radial menu.
- Win & Co 1885 Missing Reticle / Crosshair on Scope error has been rectified.
Skills – Players using the 'auto spend' points feature will now be able to successfully unlock the final skill when hitting level 40.
Loadout - Secondary Weapons - Peadot camo skin now appears on the Type 100 SMG during transition to ADS.
DLC - Up Close and Personal pack - The 'Up close and personal' DLC pack is now present in the store as expected.
25th October 2022
- Added FREE ‘Kraken's Lair’ Survival map
- Support for NEW ‘Up Close & Personal’ Weapon & Skin pack
- Players are now able to join a Host via the in-game friends list.
- The Thousand Metre Stare Medal now unlocks correctly when the player hits the 1000m target in the Shooting Range.
- Festung Guernsey - Mirus Construction - Player character no longer falls out of bounds after jumping over a wall present near the construction site.
- Trident Beachhead - Beach Ruins - Black texture can no longer be seen near the Tank
- Axis Invasion – If the invader is killed by a moving friendly vehicle, the correct reason for their death is now observed.
- Free-For-All - 'Restart' button is no longer greyed out on the accomplishments screen.
- Character Customisation - German Scientists coat no longer clips through the red armband when in multiplayer skins menu.
- EAC - 'The connection to the game has been terminated (12050)' error should no longer be observed.
- Picking up enemy dead bodies now works as expected.
- Karl no longer does a seal animation glitch when using pistol.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
13th September 2022
We’ve been busy working on improving your Sniper Elite 5 experience. In addition to the Amongst the Rubble Survival Map and the Concealed Target pack, our new update has addressed several issues and finessed some features and gameplay to enhance your overall experience.
To highlight a few key changes, you’ll now notice the Game Update information will be displayed to you in game letting you know about new content and patches!
Ask and ye shall receive – Map Voting has come to Sniper Elite 5. You can now vote for the map you’d most like to play in the forthcoming match. And over in the Shooting Range, we’ve now added callouts so you can better practice those testicle shots!
We’ve also rolled out Prestige Mode! This mode allows players to restart their progression multiple times, earning new and improved rewards. The option to trigger Prestige Mode is available in the Service Record once you have reached level 50 in adversarial multiplayer modes.
We appreciate your continued support and feedback. We’d like to extend our gratitude to the members of our community who’ve been an integral part of bug fixing – sending in reports, save files, and such!
Please keep them coming as they assist in improving your Sniper Elite 5 experience!
- Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
New Content and Improvements
- Added FREE ‘Amongst the Rubble’ Survival map
- Support for NEW ‘Concealed Target’ Weapon & Skin pack
- Added Prestige Mode allowing players to restart their progression multiple times
- Added support for highly requested Map Voting in Quick Match multiplayer lobbies
- Added Shot Callout functionality in the Firing Range
- Added ‘Game Update’ functionality to highlight new content and DLC
- Updated the Axis Invasion rematch messaging to be clearer if the invader declines a rematch
- When playing Invasion Mode players will no longer be able to leave the game during Kill Cam to avoid the kill being attributed
- Fix to a ledge in Secret Weapons that players could climb down but not back up
- Fixed an issue where special ammo types were disappearing after saving game and reloading
- Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on a ladder in No Cross
- Fixed a set of stairs in Secret Weapons that some players found hard to climb
- In Spy Academy we have fixed an issue where players could fall through a wall and under the game map
- Fixed Satchel charge which was not unlocking after completing campaign
- Resolved issues caused by having Satchel Charges in Equipment slot one
- Fixed a known issue with Exfiltration from Liberation
- Replaced incorrect German translation of 'stealth' on Mission Summary screen
- The P.K Berlin scope was displayed the wrong way round on rifles. This has been fixed
- Resolved collision issues which were allowing players to breach the fence when playing No Cross on Flooded Village
- Fix for Multiplayer D.L. Carbine Kills within the weapon's audible range being recorded as a negative value rather than a positive. This fix will kick in the next time a kill within audible range is recorded, and no progress towards the associated Extended Suppressor Barrel unlock will be lost
- In Survival Mode an issue where weapons dropped on raised surfaces could not always be picked up again has been fixed
- Fixed issue of players falling through the map on Atlantic Wall
- Instances of Karl picking up a weapon and appearing empty handed have been resolved
- Fixed a rare issue where SMG Kill Cam would display incorrectly
- Resolved an issue where players can fall through the map below the bridge on Spy Academy
- Fixed a multiplayer bug where players with Toughened Skill respawn with only four health bars
- Replaced a missing zip line on War Factory
- Fixed an issue where Schmidt can fall through the map when killed leaving players unable to get the scuttle codes
- Players can no longer get stuck in lift shaft
- Fixed the radio tower animation when a player invades the game after the tower has been destroyed
- Resolved an issue where players can fall through the map
- Removed incorrectly placed Alarm button board
- Fixed various collision and texture issues
- Fixed grammatical and spelling errors
8th August 2022 - Hotfix
I’m the designer working on Invasion Mode, and I wanted to quickly address some of the community feedback we’ve seen crop up since the last patch.
Firstly, we apologise that the patch notes didn’t include a detailed list of the changes we made to Invasion Mode. This was a mistake on our part and something we’d like to rectify now. The balancing changes we implemented were as follows:
- We removed the Invader’s access to special ammo. This is because a few of the special ammo types were very powerful, and there were certain scenarios we wanted to avoid for the players who were the target of them, such as new players being shot through walls without understanding what was happening, and so on
- We prevented players from quitting during bullet cams, to avoid sneakily leaving and denying you your justified kill!
- A few small bug fixes and tweaks to the UI, none of which should affect the balance.
I’ve seen a lot of feedback from players who believe we’re balancing the game too hard in favour of the Allied player, and we understand those concerns. From the perspective of an Invader, our balancing patches look as if we’re just taking tools away from you, while the players you invade still have their full suite of abilities. However, we have a stat system that we use to track Invasion data, and that’s currently reporting that the Invader wins nearly 70% of the time! As such, the reason we’re making these choices is because across the whole game, across all ability levels, the Invader is actually winning a lot, and we’re trying to find a better balance.
One thing that we think might be affecting the win rate is Focus Mode – an incredibly powerful tool for the invaded player that many casual players don’t seem to know about (If you’re reading this and don’t use Focus much, give it a try next time you get Invaded!) Our next patch will include more tutorials about this, so perhaps that will throw things back in Karl’s favour!
With all that being said, we’re going to keep proactively monitoring the win rate moving forward to see how it shifts and changes as a result of the latest patch. I’m very grateful to see all the positive comments about invasion since release, and for the suggestions and feedback people have made when they think something could be improved.
Good luck out there Snipers!
Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
- Fixed a crash with perk selection.
- Fixed an occasional crash with rendering explosive/interactable object flashes.
- Fixed a memory leak when loading levels repeatedly (Xbox only).
- Fixed occasional crash where a wounded AI could attempt to rescue (and pick up) themselves.
26th July 2022
New Content and Improvements
- Added free 'Flooded Village' multiplayer map
- Added a 'Shooting Range'
- Invite your friends to join as Invaders using the social menu
- Added support for 'Kick Voting'
- Mark as "Ready" to start sooner
- Added Landing Force Mission and Weapon Pack (included as part of Season Pass One or available standalone)
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple pieces of TNT to be thrown instead of one
- Blocked a gap that allowed players to cross the barrier in the No-Cross map 'Urban Ruins'
- The 'Leather Hood' attachment for the Karabiner 98 now unlocks correctly in Multiplayer
- The 'Reinforced Band' attachment for the Karabiner 98 now unlock correctly In Multiplayer. For those of you that have already achieved the stated 50 kills, you will need to get one more to trigger the unlock
- Fixed an issue in Atlantic Wall that caused problems to players climbing the vines on the side of Marcel's house
- Players can now re-bind the 'W' and 'S' keys, and the 'Fire' and 'aim' Actions on keyboard.
- The 'No Stone Unturned' Achievement now unlock correctly
- Issues engaging with Hitler on Wolf Mountain have now been resolved
- Fixed a bug that caused issues with Ehrlich in War Factory's Kill List objective
- Resolved an issue where players were unable to exfiltrate from the Spy Academy mission
- Med kits should now work as normal
- Reworked the 'New Campaign' difficulty menu to be more intuitive.
- Improved the behaviour of the 'weapon wheel' menu when using the Steam Controller.
- Input icons now show correctly for Steam, Nintendo Pro, Xbox and PlayStation Controllers.
30th June 2022
The Sniper Elite 5 development team is working hard to improve the game and headshot as many of those pesky bugs as possible. As always, we’ve been keeping a close eye on your feedback, with the Community team making sure nothing gets missed.
It’s been great to see how many of you have really got into playing Invasion Mode. Watching videos and reading stories of the awesome cat and mouse sniper showdowns people have been experiencing has made all the hard work worthwhile. As a result of the ongoing Community feedback we’ve received, we’ve made various improvements and fixes to Invasion Mode. We’ve done some balancing to make the Invader a little less powerful, have reduced them down to 1 grenade and 1 landmine, and have swapped out some of their skills. The ambition is to keep proactively balancing Invasion Mode moving forward as the way people play changes over time – but for now, the Invader will have to work a little bit harder for their kills!
We’ve also removed the bonus XP for simply playing with invasions on and have fixed a reported bug by which players could be invaded immediately after another invasion ended. We always intended to allow time between invasions and as a result of this update you’ll likely find you’re being invaded less regularly, especially on the first few levels. (If you want to be invaded as much as possible, either play later levels or use the re-matching system).
Additionally we have removed the ability for hosts to kick invaders from the game and we’ve re-balanced the anti-AFK timer. Allied players will never get killed or kicked for camping and will have a bit more time before the timer starts. Invaders can now pass through Axis AI, meaning you’ll no longer get blocked at doorways or narrow paths. You now also don’t have to worry about your Allied character talking too much as Invaders can no longer hear the Allied player talking to themselves. You might have noticed that you will see a normal HUD even if you invade a game in Authentic mode – this was to make things a bit easier for less experienced Invaders. There’s now a setting in the Options menu that disables that, so if you invade a game in Authentic, you won’t have a HUD either.
Seeing how much players have been engaging with the deep weapon customisation, perfecting different setups based on their varying playstyle has been really satisfying. We’ve made some small tweaks to weapons, such as applying a slightly slower ‘Time to Aim’ for the rifles and reducing how easily the Kar98K can become a 1 hit killing machine.
The Field Report that appears at the end of a mission has had a visual overhaul along with some under the hood improvements. We can’t wait to see more of you trying to reach the extreme points of the playstyle graph across various levels – so don’t forget to share your reports with our social channels. We’ve been in awe at just how good at stealth so many of you are.
Beyond the above, we’ve also been listening to player feedback regarding controller dead zones which we know has been a hot topic since launch. With that in mind, we’ve made some improvements to smooth out the transition, whilst also looking into further support for future patches.
Along with these changes there have been many other tweaks and additions, such as a FOV slider on PC, camera improvements, making the Teller Mine more likely to be triggered by passing vehicles, and various level and unlock fixes, to name but a few. For a more comprehensive list, see our full patch notes below.
As a final note, we’re delighted to release a FREE Multiplayer map as part of this update, as a thank you for the Community’s ongoing patience since launch. The existing No-Cross map Urban Ruins is now playable at night in our Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Squad Match modes. Not only that, but we’ve added more cover to the central park and opened up areas of the map for varying angles of attack so you’ll need to explore and engage with your new vantage points.
With that, please do keep your feedback coming in via our various Community spaces. We hope you continue to enjoy the game and, until next time, happy hunting!
Ryan Baker, Lead Designer
Sniper Elite 5 Development Team
Fixes & Improvements
- Removed some input delay and softened the edges of the deadzone for 'aiming' input. This should result in better fine aiming control.
- Various fixes to prevent the player falling or hanging through the floor, or getting stuck in the 'falling' animation
- Fixed general collision issues allowing players to walk through some walls in varying locations
- Various fixes to players getting stuck on ladders
- Fixed an issue preventing camera control when a player enters Photo Mode with ironsights
- The free cam has now been restricted slightly in Photo Mode, to avoid exploits during Axis Invasions
- Fixed an issue incorrectly allowing weapon scroll when using a mounted machine gun
- Med Kits will now work as expected on application
- The Precision Machines Receiver attachment will now correctly reduce speed rather than increase it
- The Austen Control Grip will now improve recoil recovery as expected
- Jeff Sullivan’s equipment will now appear as expected when selecting him as a playable character
- 'Show Off' and 'Saboteur' Medals should now unlock correctly
- Machine Gunners will no longer T-pose when shot
- Player can no longer equip weapons or binoculars when using a mounted machine gun
- Dead enemies hidden in crates no longer continue to move
- Player is no longer able to hide underwater in the Landing Zone Multiplayer map
- Grenades will no longer get stuck to the player’s hand when attempting to throw them
- Grenade arcs will no longer disappear unexpectedly
- Fixed an issue impacting the ability to use the Grenade hotkey
- Fixed an issue causing Herr Grunberg’s name to display incorrectly when looking at them through the binoculars
- The overpressure magazine now correctly lists ‘Increase Bullet Drop’ as a con
- Enemy AI will no longer disappear from the map when a cut scene gets triggered
- Booby-trapped bodies will now explode as expected
- Fixed an issue causing Flare Guns to slow down movement
- Players will no longer be able to obtain the Authentic Trophy by exploiting the ability to change difficulties in the pause menu
- Fixed an issue causing an inability to drop dead bodies on pick-up
- Fixed an issue causing AI to get caught in a consistent investigation loop
- Fruit boxes will no longer levitate or appear to multiply unexpectedly
- Fixed an issue in Survival Mode causing the crew in armoured vehicles to remain alive after the vehicle’s destruction, halting progression onto the next wave.
- Fixed an issue stopping the Satchel Charge from unlocking on completion of the campaign
- Fixed an issue causing a game crash when already exiting
- Fixed an issue some players were experiencing where Axis soldiers would get suck crouched in mid-air
- Fixed an issue causing birds to get stuck in place
- Fixed an issue causing wind to be disabled incorrectly in Campaign/Survival
- The trigger volume for Mines has now been increased to ensure they activate in range, regardless of human or vehicle targets
- Fixed an animation glitch causing an AI soldier to get off his bike after being shot, despite being dead
- Fixed an issue causing headlights to turn on and off based on the player’s proximity
- Microphone volume will no longer automatically return to 100% each time a player returns to game
- Additional minor bug fixes and improvements
Mission 1 - Atlantic Wall
- The enemy at the boathouse will now spawn correctly so players can retrieve the key and proceed to the next section of the map
- Marcel’s key will now correctly unlock the floorboard after retrieving it from the building’s Attic
- Fixed a bug causing the ending cut scene to play too early for some players
- The Beach Defences collectible item will now appear correctly
- The kill list target Steffen Beckendorf’s vehicle will no longer disappear
Mission 2 - Occupied Residence
- Fixed an issue causing the chandelier to activate twice if shot and then activated via the lever
- Fixed a bug stopping some players from unlocking the Karabiner 98 after killing Freidrich with a chandelier
Mission 4 - War Factory
- Fixed an issue halting progression after sabotaging the Smelting Vat by pulling the lever
- Fixed an issue stopping some players from being able to sabotage the crane by pressing the switch
- Players will now be able to exfiltrate Mission 4 as expected
- Fixed an issue stopping players from being able to enter the building via the vent
- Fixed an issue causing irregular movement when walking down the stairs in Mission 4
- Fixed a bug stopping players from being able to enter via the roof hatch to obtain the collectible item
- Fixed an issue causing the mission to end too early when entering the building near the kill list target
Mission 5 - Festung Guernsey
- The objective to bury Lanzo Baumann in concrete will now complete as expected on completion
- Specific to Xbox players, in Mission 5 players are now able to interact and destroy the radio with the crowbar as expected
Mission 6 - Libération
- Fixed an issue causing some irregular movement of the kill list target Jaan Trautmann
- The 222 tank will now spawn as expected
Mission 7 - Secret Weapons
- Fixed an issue stopping the Kill List reward, the RSC1918, from unlocking after the V2 rocket has been dropped onto Dr Jungers.
- Fixed an issue causing irregular movement on ladders in Mission 7 which sometimes resulted in players getting stuck
- Fixed an issue causing a box to float
Mission 8 - Rubble And Ruin
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to be appear invisible in the hangar
Target Führer DLC - Wolf Mountain
- Fixed an issue impacting the ability to pick up a crowbar
- Hitler will now acknowledge the player as expected during a gun fight
- Specific to Xbox players, in Mission 10 the tower will fall as expected once the cables are sabotaged with the bolt cutters
It's been great that so many people have been submitting their accessibility challenges with Sniper Elite 5 and we're thrilled to say that we have some new features to help! One of the most requested features, Aim Toggle, has now been added - and includes compatibility with PS5 Haptic Triggers. As well as this, and in the vein of motor accessibility, we have introduced a toggle for the Radial Menu and movement features to make it easier for you to navigate the world without held buttons.
Our Field of View slider is available on PC and allows you to adjust the FoV between 60 and 120, which we hope will help those of you with motion sickness.
As always, we want to make sure we're helping our players and removing unnecessary barriers - please continue to reach out through our Accessibility Discord channel, the Help Centre or via Twitter.
Cari Watterton, Senior Designer (Accessibility)
- FoV Slider: Adjust the FoV between 60-120. Limited to PC only
- Toggle Stealth Highlight: Remove the outline around the player when in stealth foliage. Found in the Difficulty Customisation setting "Greatly Reduced HUD"
- Pan Map with Keyboard: Map can now be panned on Keyboard using the arrow keys
- Auto Run: When enabled, press the traversal button to toggle auto run. Karl will run forwards and you can adjust direction and state (walk, crouch, prone, sprint)
- Auto Traversal: When enabled, Karl will automatically traverse small obstacles when walking or sprinting
- Auto Climb: When enabled, Karl will automatically climb in the direction you push
- Toggle Aim: When enabled, aim can be toggled on and off using a press of the aim key*
- Toggle Radial Menu: When enabled, the radial menu can be toggled on and off using a press of the inventory button
*includes compatibility with Dual sense Haptic Triggers. Soft press brings you into over the shoulder, hard press to ironsights. Any press while in aim toggles you out, but you have the option to toggle aim type while aiming.
7th June 2022
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed several missing sounds - most notably the big guns in 'Atlantic Wall'
- Fixed crash during checkpoint load
- Fixed occasional crash that occurred when loading into an AMP maps
- Fixed occasional crash that occurred on the Survival results screen
- Fixed crash that occurred when shooting the Machine Gun Team 'Loader' then the 'Gunner' in quick succession (the patch fixed crash that occurred just from shooting the Loader before the Gunner)