Common Issues and Fixes
Where is my DLC?
How do I add my DLC?
1. Select your save file
2. Select 'Enable DLC'
3. Select the DLC you would like to add to your save
4. Select 'Load Game'
5. Your new side stories (for your DLC characters or items) or cosmetic items can now be found in your save.
Please note this choice is permanent: it is not possible to remove DLC from a save once it has been added.
I bought the season pass on the Xbox App, but the game says I need to install the DLC
When buying the season pass, it's sometimes necessary to install each DLC individually from their individual store pages.
Please be sure to check each one and install them from the pages themselves.
How do I turn on High Alert?
How do I turn on High Alert?
To turn on High Alert mode on Xbox, please press and hold your Left and Right triggers simultaneously:
To turn on High Alert mode on PlayStation, please press and hold your L2 and R2 Buttons simultaneously:
I can't see High Alert on my TV!
If you can't see the button prompt for High Alert on your TV, it may be that your TV's overscan feature is interfering with the game's aspect ratio. Follow the steps below to disable it.
How to turn off overscan
- Turn on your HDTV.
- Open the menu on your HDTV using your HDTV remote, or menu buttons attached to your TV.
- Select the "Picture" option from the menu.
- Find and select the option reading "Overscan" - note: some manufactures call this feature "Picture Size" or "Edge Control""
- Select the "Off" option. If there is not an "Off" option, but instead "1" or "2" options, select the option which is currently not selected.
How do I create a DxDiag.txt file?
What is a DxDiag file?
A DxDiag is a diagnostic file that helps us to determine what might be preventing your game from working as it should.
It can tell us whether your PC meets a game's minimum requirements, if has the most up-to-date drivers installed, or if it has reported any errors related to the problem you are having.
It contains no personal data other than the name of your PC, and we will delete it from our systems once your case is closed.
How to I create a DxDiag?
- Click the Start menu in Windows and in the 'Search Programs and Files' or 'Run' field search for 'dxdiag.exe' and run the program.
- This will start the diagnostic tool and it will scan your PC. When it finishes click the button which says 'Save All Information...' and save the text file to a location on your desktop.
- Attach the file when submitting a request in our contact form, or when replying to a support email.
How do I verify my game files on Steam?
What does it mean to 'verify' my game files, and why should I do it?
When you 'verify' your game files, Steam checks to make sure that the game has all the files that it needs, and replaces any that are missing.
If your game is glitching, running strangely, or not launching, it may be that it is missing a file or multiple files. Verifying your files establishes if this is the case, and replaces the files if it is.
How do I verify my files?
This guide demonstrates from beginning to end how to verify your game files on Steam.
We recommend you do this with your anti-virus software temporarily disabled. This is to ensure that your anti-virus does not prevent files from installing by mistaking them as illegitimate or malicious. For more details on why we ask this, please visit: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/5F3D-1477-AFF9-C4F3.
1. Open your Game Library on Steam
2. Right-click on Evil Genius 2
3. Select Properties from the menu
4. In the Properties menu, select 'Local Files' from the left-hand panel
5. On the Local Files page, select 'Verify integrity of game files'
6. Steam will then verify your files. Please note this can take a few minutes!
7. Once Steam is finished, a box like this will appear. If your game is all fine, it will appear like this:
If you have any trouble with completing these steps or encounter any errors, please get in touch via our Contact Form.