ZA4 Patch Notes
11th February 2021
- Added support for DLC Season 2 Part 4
- Reticle failing to appear when marking enemies using the brain buster ability with the Polizeipistole
- Progress block on Hellbase when sabotaging the pressure valves
- Frame drops when viewing certain weapon skins in the weapon setup screen
25th January 2021
- Fixed progression blocker during Chapter 2 of the Rotten Coast
- Fixed missing textures for the harpoons on Death Canal
19th January 2021
- Added support for DLC Season 2 Part 3
- Resolved Suicider explosion kills not registering on Molten Nightmare level.
- Resolved an issue that forced only quick cams on certain settings.
- Various small bug fixes and improvements.
18th December 2020
- Resolved progression blocker on Damnation Valley
17th December 2020
- No longer missing sound effects when using Boris Berserker
- Reload sound no longer absent from the Sten MK2.
- Resolved the Sten MK2 Mastery resetting when it shouldn’t
- Enemies no longer disappear when using sticky grenades.
- Equipping attachments to the Trench Gun no longer stops you from firing the weapon
- Resolved crash when starting Damnation Valley (XB1 only)
- Damnation Valley and Alpine Blitz no longer has missing audio in the cutscenes (PS4 only)
8th December 2020
- Crash fixes
- General UI updates
- Many quality of life fixes
- Fixed DLC challenge on Terror Lab
- Fixed Lee Enfield not counting Creeper kills correctly
- New Achievements added
4th September 2020
- New Horde Map CAGED FEAR
- New Weapon - CROSSBOW PISTOL
- Support for new weekly events
- Shotgun Pistol and Shotgun Mortar challenge not functioning correctly
- Divine Burst item mods not activating correctly.
4th August 2020
- Added support for: Carbon Weapon Skins, Lone Wolf Jun Outfit, Crossbow Rifle Bundle, Flags Charms Weapons Pack
- Added support for new weekly events
- Resolved an issue that would cause the heavy weapons to have different amounts of ammo after being dropped.
- Resolved an issue that would occasionally make audio cut out.
- Removed various progress blockers.
- Resolved player randomly dying on Deeper than Hell mission.
- Resolved the 'Let's get out of here' tank challenge not unlocking.
- These will unlock retrospectively upon loading the game for the first time after the patch has been installed
- These are viewable through the Epic overlay via the records page. Shift + F3 then click the achievements tab.
- The top 2000 scores are recorded.
23rd June 2020
- Support for new DLC: Deeper Than Hell (Mission), French Resistance Fighter (Character), Zombie Paratrooper (character) Luger Pistol Bundle, Shotgun Pistol Bundle, Wrapping Paper Weapon Skins
- Support for new Weekly Events (including rewards).
- Fix for the 'Hoarder' achievement not unlocking.
- Keyboard bindings are no longer silently reset if you leave the configuration menu without assigning all the functions to a key.
- Score display on HUD now updates in real-time even before the Multiplier has expired.
- Fix for the 'kill 10 zombies with electric tripwire' sticker not unlocking
- Various small bug fixes and improvements
New brutal difficulty
- Available after completion of the main game. Changes compared to 'Hard' include:
- Increased damage to the player
- No automatic heal segment
- Enemies are more accurate and have more health/armour
- Enemies are more likely to resurrect (stomp on their heads to make them stay 'dead')
- Friendly fire damage is increased
- Greatly reduced HUD
- Medkits are required to revive other players
- Few items are dropped by enemies and found in crates
Epic specific changes
- Players have experienced disconnections from network games. The specific error message was: ‘You were signed out of Epic, online features are not available. Please sign back into Epic and restart the game.
- Added support for Epic's social overlay, including the ability to invite friends via the Lobby.
Stadia specific changes
- Fix for stuttering audio
- Added the 'game exit' button on Stadia
12th May 2020
- Added new DLC: Blood Count(Mission), Renegade Officer (Character), Gas Mask Headgear Bundle, Mortar Shotgun Bundle, Bloodsoaked Weapon Skins.
- New weekly events.
- Black banners not disappearing after sniper focus.
- Inability to speak to Bruno at the start of the game.
- Various smaller bug fixes.
10th March 2020
- Air Guitar emote will be awarded for completing the ‘Brain Harvest’ Weekly Event. (There is no need to complete the event a second time.)
- Fixed an issue where XP was not showing correctly on the Results Screen (this was always calculating correctly under the hood, but in some cases too much was shown on the results screen)
- Flamethrower kills now contribute correctly to the ‘Heavy Weapons’ Sticker.
- Miscellaneous small bugfixes and improvements.
M30 Drilling and Trench Gun
- Less critical hit chance.
- Slightly increased recoil and spread.
- A small overall damage buff.
- Slightly increased bullet penetration.
- Final damage upgrade improved slightly.
- A small overall damage buff.
- Slightly increased chance to bullet penetration, critical hit and muzzle velocity.
- Slightly reduced recoil and spread.
13th February 2020 - Hotfix
- Fixed first 3 chapters of Meat Locker being automatically skipped.
- Fixed incorrect text being shown on the upgrade requirement for the M1895 Repeater.
- Fixed medikit and ammo not being given when stomping on the dead.
- Fixed Elites requiring additional stomps in order to destroy.
- Fixed the photo mode shortcut not working.
- Fixed the double tap achievement not being triggered.
- Removed voice chat shortcuts.
6th February 2020 - PC Hotfix
Fixed instability issue with Vulkan when running low on VRAM
4th February 2020 - Consoles
- Performance optimizations
- Network stability improvements
- Gameplay balance adjustments
- Input response improvements
- General stability improvements
- Fixed client’s pistol failing to reload after being downed in co-operative gameplay
- During the train siege in Mission 1, fixed pistol shooting failing when player is downed
- Fixed players failing to find other players when using quick match for weekly events when no lobbies are active.
- Fixed players being unable to un-equip item modifiers
- Fixed M1895 rifle & shotgun issue when weapon assist is active, causing auto-reloading and single bullet firing
Zombie Army 4 : Dead War FAQ
What are the different versions?
Deluxe Edition includes: Undead Airman Character Pack | Solid Gold Weapon Skins Pack | FG-24 Semi-automatic Rifle Weapon Bundle | Undercover Karl Character Outfit
Super Deluxe Edition includes: Season Pass One
Season Pass One includes all Season 1 DLC: 3 Additional Levels | 4 Character Packs | 9 Weapons Bundles | 5 Weapons Skin Packs | 4 Outfit Bundles
What are your plans for DLC content release?
The first two seasons of DLC are now complete and available, and we’re thrilled to be able to confirm that another season of new content for Zombie Army 4: Dead War is in production! Developed in collaboration with Flix Interactive, Season 3 is kicking off later this year on all platforms. As with previous seasons, it's set to feature a new campaign mission, new character outfits, weapons and more – including more free content!
Check out the Zombie Army website for more news!