What is a Steam key?
A Steam key is a unique code that will allow you to download a game from the gaming platform Steam, and then play it. You can download Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/about/.
Where can I buy a Steam key?
You can purchase Steam keys for our games through our webstore at https://shop.rebellion.com/. After you have made your purchase, you will be automatically sent an email containing your Steam key(s).
If you have pre-ordered a game, the key will be emailed to you on the week of launch.
How do I activate/use a Steam key?
This is a thorough tutorial on how to install a game via Steam key. If you only need to know where to input your key, please see steps 1-3 (for this example we use Evil Genius 2).
1. Make sure you have Steam installed and are signed in to your account. Open Steam and select 'Games':
2. Then 'Activate a Product on Steam':
3. Then click 'Next', and on the next page 'Agree' in reference to the license agreement. Then copy the Steam key that was sent to you by email when you made your purchase and paste it in the 'Product Code' box:
4. Then click 'Next', and once you see the screen below 'Finish'.
5. Then choose your desktop and shortcut preferences and click 'Next'.
6. Then accept the License Agreement and click 'Finish'. Steam will then begin the download and installation of your game. You can check the progress by clicking 'Library':
7. And then 'Downloads'. This will take you through to this screen:
Once this installation has completed you can then play the game.