What does it mean to 'verify' my game files, and why should I do it?
When you 'verify' your game files, Steam checks to make sure that the game has all the files that it needs, and replaces any that are missing.
If your game is glitching, running strangely, or not launching, it may be that it is missing a file or multiple files. Verifying your files establishes if this is the case, and replaces the files if it is.
How do I verify my files?
This guide demonstrates from beginning to end how to verify your game files on Steam.
We recommend you do this with your anti-virus software temporarily disabled. This is to ensure that your anti-virus does not prevent files from installing by mistaking them as illegitimate or malicious. For more details on why we ask this, please visit: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/5F3D-1477-AFF9-C4F3.
1. Open your Game Library on Steam
2. Right-click on Evil Genius 2
3. Select Properties from the menu
4. In the Properties menu, select 'Local Files' from the left-hand panel
5. On the Local Files page, select 'Verify integrity of game files'
6. Steam will then verify your files. Please note this can take a few minutes!
7. Once Steam is finished, a box like this will appear. If your game is all fine, it will appear like this:
If you have any trouble with completing these steps or encounter any errors, please get in touch via our Contact Form.