If your game is closing on startup, there could be a few different causes. Dump files can help us work out what is going on. Please only send these files if we ask for them.
What information is in a dump file (.dmp)?
Dump files contain information about what is happening in a program, and what might be going wrong.
The vast majority of the time we will ask you to submit files specific to Sniper Elite 5 but occasionally we might ask you to submit dump files from other programs.
The files are only examined to establish the cause of problems and are deleted from our systems once your case is closed.
How can I create a Sniper Elite 5 dump file?
1. Launch Sniper Elite 5 without Easy Anti Cheat (EAC).
a) In the game launcher, click on the cog symbol, untick the tick box next to Play with Easy Anti-Cheat, click 'OK' and then 'PLAY'.
2. When you run into the issue, please open Task Manager by pressing: Ctrl + Shift + ESC. Please do not close the game as it needs to be running in order to create the file.
3. In Task Manager, please click 'More Details' (if you don't see this, skip to step 4).
4. Find Sniper Elite 5 in the list of running processes under the 'Processes' tab, right click and select 'Create dump file'.
4. A popup called 'Dumping process' with a progress bar will appear.
5. Once the dump file has been written, please select 'Open file location'.
5. Your dump file will be highlighted in the folder. Please copy it to an accessible place on your PC (e.g. your Desktop).
8. Now you have the the file we need! Please attach it in a reply to your Support email!
Having trouble or not seeing what you were expecting? Please let us know by replying to your Support email. We'll do our best to help!